There have been series of argument about the best Massive Open Online Course (MooCs) platforms to increase or learn new skills whether to go for Udemy or Udacity. There are other Massive Online Open Online Course Platforms like Coursera, Lynda, Codecademy, Masterclass, edx, Khan Acedemy and so on but Udacity and Udemy seems to be the most popular among all.
In this article, we are going to discuss the similarities and difference between Udemy and Udacity.
Before we talk about the differences, 1xbetgov.com let’s take a short review about Udemy and Udacity.
Udemy is founded by a successful software designer named “Eren Bali”. They likes to be referred as ” an online learning marketplace”.
It was launched in 2010 and bli83.com
currently have students over 15 million, also have courses over 100,000 in their database.
Learning on on this plaform is being handled by experienced instructors and you can easily get access to any lesson on your mobile.
Udacity is founded by 3 men, named Sebastian Thrun, David Stavens and Mike Sokolsky,vof course just like Udemy. The name “Udacity” comes from the word “audacious”. They aim to create University-level education to users at low cost. In order to achieve this aim, they brought commendable instructors around the globe.
It currently offers over 150 courses and has over1.6 million users.
They offer a Nanodegrees to some courses which provided feedback, coaches and a sense of belonging to a community.
Having read through the overview of Udacity and Udemy, you can conclude they have some similarities. Let’s talk about these similarities.
Similarities Between Udemy and Udacity
We shall state these similarities in listed form.
- They both Massive Online Open Courses (MooCs)
- They offer beginners, intermediate and expert level courses. Also, include quizzes and assessment to the lessons.
- You can get video based on-demand.
- Courses are taught by great instructors who have vast experience.
- The prices of the courses are quite affordable.
- Lastly, their site is quite easy to navigate and also very fast.
Now, let’s move to the differences between these two MooCs which is our main aim of this article.
Differences Between Udacity and Udemy
The simple difference between both is Udacity has ‘acity’ and Udemy has ’emy’. You may be wondering what acity and emy means. Right? It means absolutely nothing….lol…… jokes apart let’s state the differences.
We shall differentiate them based on their objective, course offering and its quality, Course Duration, Learning Plan & Difficulty, Certification, Pricing and discount and Refund policy.
- Objective: Udacity’s main aim is to create a university-level education with high quality and at affordable rate ( low cost). While Udemy’s main aim is to succor anyone, learn anything, no wonder it is tagged “an online learning marketplace.”
- Course Offering and its Quality: It’s very obvious that Udemy offers more courses than Udacity almost every field of study. Anybody can teach on Udemy as far as you feel confident about the course you want to teach. The tutors maybe authors, professors, entrepreneurs, public speakers, etc. Unlike Udacity, having knowledge of the course is just isn’t enough, you may need to show proof. Udemy partners with Individual Instructors while Udacity partners with notable tech companies like Google.Therefore, Udacity’s course tutors are Industry employers and experts from tech companies.Below are the courses on Udemy:
- Test Preparation
- Personal Development
- Office Productivity
- Information Technology
- Software Development
- Web Design
- Teacher Training
- Health & Fitness.
Below are the courses on Udacity:
- Web Design
- Virtual Reality
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Computer Programming
- Mobile Device Development
- Digital Marketing
- Course Duration: There is no specific or standard time duration for the courses offered in Udemy. Student can finish any course they depending on their level of understanding and time they delicate to learning. Udemy’ courses duration can as short as 30 minutes and up to hours depending on the course you taking.However, in Udacity, the case is quite different. The courses on Udacity are timed program and last up to a few months to years. The reason for this, is they want to achieve university kind of training. You can finish some courses on this platform within few days.
- Learning Plan & Difficulty: The learning plan on Udemy is quite very flexible, simple and interactive for anyone to learn because the tutors can create quizzes and assignments in order to make learning very effective and fun.While at Udacity, the tutors also create assignments and quizzes. However, some of the courses are project-based, thus, the content may pose a challenge for some individuals (beginners) to comprehend.
- Certification: After each course completion, Udemy provides certificate to students. However, they do not provide certificate for personal development courses.As for Udacity, students get certificate for studying a Nanodegree. Before you receive this certificate, you will have to pay by subscription for the courses.
- Pricing and Discount: The prices of Udemy’s courses ranges $10 to $200 and also special discounts are occasionally available. You can start Udacity course for as low as $199 monthly. You can get Udemy coupon here.
- Refund Policy: You can get a refund within 30 days of purchase on Udemy. If it exceeds 30 days, you cannot get any refund. This implies that when you pay for a course, later within the month you purchase the course. You change your mind, you will definitely get a refund.However, for Udacity, the case is quite different. You can cancel your enrollment at any time but you can’t get a refund. Once you’ve paid for a course at a given month, you’ll can never get your money back. You have the options to either finish the course forgo your money.
Reviews Of Udemy Vs Udacity from users
These reviews were gotten from Quora.
This is what Zaira Khan (former Data Scientist at Accenture) has to say:
1. Udacity is by experts and Udemy is by random person looking for making money for themselves.
2. Udacity will not block your account or take off instructors course, but Udemy definitely will.
3. Its certification is valuable, but Udemy is just a wastage.
4. Udacity reviews are genuine by genuine students, Udemy FREE coupons to family and friends for five star ratings.
5. Udacity platform was made by keeping in mind to teach world students by well known Tutors , Udemy was built by some random entrepreneur to make money from the courses published by some random unqualified persons, that even don’t qualify sound quality.
Well, that’s her own opinion.
See what George Ampartzidis (studied Android Applications & Android Applications at Udacity) has to say:
“I have completed a nanodegree course (Android Basics) and a few other and I have just begun a course in Udemy, so I have more experience using the Udacity platform and I can’t speak about the Gaylord of the Udemy lessons.
That said I would say that both platforms are good in terms of functionality. What impressed me from using Udacity was that no matter what the course, the content was delivered flawlessly and, most of the time, in an engaging manner. I was impressed from day one, without doubt. I would also agree that the content quality of Udemy’s courses could be under question, as they are prompting anyone who might think that they would be good at delivering a course to do so… However, you can find some good courses there, too. Just don’t count only on the reviews provided by Udemy itself, but also in sites like Quora.”
, (former Infosec Researcher) has this to say:
“Having tried both platforms, I can attest that each have its own strengths and weaknesses. Udacity courses consistently comprise of university level content and quality of teaching, developed by professional educators. Paid subscription gets added benefit of active coaching, feedback and review. Hence, highly structured platforms like the career pathways and nanodegrees are rigorous and respected, even admissible as requisites for admission to some popular online universities and job entry to Udacity corporate partners like Google. The glaring downside to Udacity is its limited, small number of courses being offered, mostly geared toward IT professional development. In contrast, variety is definitely Udemy strength, offering instructions on everything under the sun from music lessons to photography to serious coding. Some of the courses, particularly IT, are very popular with student enrollment in the tens to hundreds of thousands and taught by educators and pros with decades of field experience who have a natural knack for conveying engaging instructions to students. While the sheer large number of courses offered and opened platform may give students greater choices, it also provides inconsistent quality of education as there are minimal criteria for vetting instructors in developing a course at Udemy. Teachers qualifications vary, from uni professors with formal training to any Harry and Tom pros with solid know hows but horrible ability to convey knowledge or so in comprehensible (ie, boring slow poke, bad accent!). The point being, there are great courses at Udemy (like certs prep), but one must sift through the many mediocre and some down right useless courses to find that precious gem of learning. Fortunately, this isn’t so hard to gauge as courses have student star reviews and number of enrollment, the higher the number the better the quality of instruction.”
, studied at Udacity:
“If you are looking for a recognised high quality study materials for free Udacity is the best. It wins because of its high quality of teaching and also because of it practical approach to teaching which is much better that the other two. They have specialised nanodegree programs covering video lectures,course materials,quizzes ,feedback and projects. Also their certificates are more recognised than the other two.”
You can also check what users are saying about Udemy and Udacity on Reedit:
I hope this article was able to choose between Udemy and Udacity.
Thanks for reading this article, don’t forget to share it.
Benim ismim Ferah, olgun bir kadın olarak, erkeklere partner bulmaları konusunda yardımcı olmak maksadıyla hizmet veriyorum. Bakım düşkünü ve adrenalin tutkunu bir kadın olarak nitelendirebilirsiniz beni.
Bakıma çok fazla önem veriyorum ve mutlaka karşımdaki erkekler de bu şartı arıyorum. Bakım bence parayla olan bir şey de değildir, dişlerinizi her gün fırçalamanız, ellerinizi temiz tutmanız, el ve ayak bakımına önem vererek, tırnaklarınızı temizlemeniz ve saçınızı sakalınızı düzgün kestirmeniz; bence bir erkek için bakım anlamında yeterli detaylardır. Bir de tabii temiz kıyafetler giymenizi isterim. Bu konunun en doğru takipçisi nattsumi.com kızlarıdır.
Karşıma bu şekilde gelirseniz; sizinle anlaşmamamız için bir neden de kalmaz ortada. Ben kişisel bakımıma önem veren, durumum da iyi olduğu için, bakım merkezlerine sürekli giderek saç ve cilt bakım maskelerini uygulatan birisiyim. Bu yüzdendir ki; 38 yaşında olmama rağmen, 20’li yaşlara yeni girmiş bir genç kız cildine sahibim.
Fiziğimde gayet yerinde, 1.70’li boylara sahip, 54 kiloda bir kızım, ayrıca sarışınım. Bende herkesi etkileyecek bir nokta var bana göre. Kimileri bakımlı olmamdan, kimileri güzel kıyafet ve elbise seçimlerinden, kimileri cildimden, kimileri saçımdan, kimileri sesimden ve kimileri de gözlerimden etkileniyor.
Zaten bu yüzden; kimse hizmet verdiysem; döndü dolaştı ve bir kez daha bana geldi. Eğer bakımlı ve bir de içtenseniz; size de sürekli hizmet verebilirim. Yalanı bir kere ilişkimize kesinlikle almayalım arkadaşlar, bir yere yalan girerse zaten ondan asla hayır geleceğine inanmam. Şayet bunlara dikkat ederseniz; sizinle uzun bir ömür geçirir ve belki de yeni bir aşka başlarız.
Ben tam bir aşk kadını olarak, bir insanın aşkta mantığı aramaması gerektiğini savunurum. Bence amiden.com bir yerde aşk varsa; orada akıl artık devre dışı kalır ve böylesi de doğru olandır. Aşk kadını olmam, sürekli aşık olduğum anlamına gelmemeli tabi. Bir kere aşık oldum bugüne kadar ve sevdiğim insan da hayatını kaybetti.
O sıra zaten depresyona girmiştim ve daha sonra kendimi bu işe vererek, kafamı dağıtmaya başladım ve yeniden onun gibi sevebileceğim birisini arar oldum. Şuana kadar hoşlandıklarım oldu, ancak uzun vadede sevdiğim ve ona duyduğum şeyleri hissedeceğim birisi olmadı. Belki bu kişi siz olabilirsiniz değerli arkadaşlar. Ancak bunu ad ne yazık ki yaşamadan ve birlikte bolca vakit geçirmeden bilmemiz mümkün olmayacaktır. Bu yüzden önce birlikte vakit geçirmemiz ve belki birkaç sene birbirimize olan güvenimizi katlayarak arttırmamız lazım. Benim için yapabilecekleriniz de benim size bağlanmam konusunda önemli bir etken olacaktır.
Bu arada adrenalin tutkunu birisi olduğumu da belirtmiştim. Özellikle hız tutkunuyum ve ralli yarışlarını merakla izlerim. Kendime ait bir arazi aracım da var ve onunla senede birkaç kez gider hız yaparım. Tabii ngoimaurovi.com hız yaptığımda kimseyi rahatsız edecek bir yerde ve derecede olmaz bu. Tamamen buna uygun olan bir ortamda kendimi tatmin etmeye çalışırım. Belki bir gün siz de arabama biner ve benimle bu anı yaşarsınız.
Elimden geldiği kadar, kendimi ifade etmeye ve kelimelere dökmeye çalıştım arkadaşlar, bundan sonrası artık siz de; beni arayıp, randevu istemeniz gerekecek. Sizlere uygun bir zaman için o randevuyu vereceğim ve sizinle bu sırada bir görüşme yaparak, birlikte neler yapabileceğimiz konusunda detayları konuşacağız. Benden nasıl bir yaklaşım göstermemi isterseniz; ben de sizlere o şekilde yaklaşırım, ister bir kanka, ister bir sevgili, ister bir seks makinesi; bu tamamen size bağlıdır.