Are you planning to study in China, looking for China university admission requirements for international students, or are you searching for how to study in China for free? If your answer is yes, then read this article to the end. China university admission requirements for international students
About China Scholarships
China scholarship can be divided into the following 5 categories:
1. Chinese Government Scholarship (Also known as CSC scholarship)
2. Local Government Scholarship
3. University Scholarship
4. Enterprise Scholarship
5. Scholarship for Enrolled Students
Besides the Scholarship for Enrolled Students, all rest 4 kinds of scholarships are available for new students. But not all universities in China could provide above 5 types of scholarships, and the situation of scholarships in different universities are quite different. If the scholarship is more important for you than the university itself, then choosing the correct university and time to apply for the scholarship is the most important thing for you to get the highest success rate.
Choosing university wisely and using the service provided by an agency may help you save time and increase your chance of getting a scholarship by going through the process correctly, but please be noted that NO ONE CAN SELL SCHOLARSHIP SEAT, AND NO SCHOLARSHIP IS GUARANTEED. Don’t trust anyone that tells you he or she can guarantee that you can get a scholarship and overcharge you. If you have enough time and would like to pay enough endeavor to the process, you can apply for the scholarship by yourself as well. If you would like to spend some money to enjoy professional service then you can choose an agency to help you.
1. Chinese Government Scholarship
Chinese Government Scholarship, also known as CSC(stands for “China Scholarship Council”) scholarship, it is provided by Chinese government aims to help more international students to study in China and improve the culture exchange between China and the world. Chinese Government Scholarship provides both full scholarship and partial scholarship. The full scholarship contains free tuition, free accommodation, monthly stipend, comprehensive medical insurance. There are different kinds of Chinese Government scholarships:
1. Bilateral Program
(Available for non-degree, bachelor, master, and Ph.d. degree programs, students need to apply to the dispatching authorities for overseas study of their home country by themselves.)
2. Chinese University Program
(Available for master and Ph.d. degree programs, students can apply to the universities in China directly.)
3. ASEAN Program
(Available for students from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Viet Nam)
4. Great Wall Program
(Students need to apply for to National Commission for UNESCO in their home country by themselves.)
5. EU Program
(Available for the citizen of an EU member country.)
6. AUN Program
(Available for the citizen from Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.)
7. PIF Program
(Available for the citizen of a PIF member country.)
8. WMO Program
(For international students to study and conduct research in meteorology in China, students need to apply to WMO Secretariat by themselves.)
9. Marine Program
(Available for students from a coastal/island country of South China Sea, the Indian Ocean, the Paci?c and its surrounding island countries, or an African, American developing country.)
10. MOFCOM Program
(For students who want to apply for master and Ph.d. programs in the following fields: government, trade, foreign affairs, agriculture, technology, education, culture, and health.)
11. Chinese Trade Unions Silk Road
Currently, there are over 100 universities in China that are available for Chinese Government Scholarship.
- China University of Geosciences(Beijing)(competitive)
- Anhui Agricultural University (medium)
- Anhui Medical University (medium)
- Anhui Normal University (medium)
- Anhui University (medium)
- Anshan Normal University (medium)
- Beihang University (competitive)
- Beihua University (medium)
- Beijing Film Academy (medium)
- Beijing Foreign Studies University (competitive)
2. Local Government Scholarship
On CSC’s website, local government scholarships are also included in the Chinese Government Scholarship, but actually local government scholarships are quite different from CSC scholarship on application procedure, scholarship amount and the way you get the scholarship. You will get either partial or full scholarship.
List of 20 Local Government Scholarship:
- 1. Beijing Government Scholarship (competitive)
- 2. Shanghai Government Scholarship (competitive)
- 3. Jasmine Jiangsu Government Scholarship (competitive)
- 4. Nanjing Municipal Government Scholarship
- 5. Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships
- 6. Jinan Sister City Scholarship
- 7. Yunnan Government Scholarship
- 8. Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship
- 9. Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship (competitive)
- 10. Qingdao Government Scholarship
- 11. Dalian Government Scholarship
- 12. Liaoning Government Scholarship
- 13. Henan Provincial Government Scholarship
- 14. Heilongjiang Provincial Government Scholarship
- 15. Yunnan Provincial Government Scholarship
- 16. Ningbo Government Scholarship
- 17. Guangdong Government Outstanding International Students Scholarship(competitive)
- 18. Ningxia Government Scholarship
- 19. Silk Road Scholarship of Gansu Province
- 20. Guizhou Government Scholarship
Recommended>>> Best Courses To Study In China
3. University Scholarship
More and more universities in China start providing university scholarships to encourage international students to study in China. University scholarships are more flexible than government scholarships, usually, the procedure is easier and you can longer period for applying. And some universities’ scholarships are very good as well. Some universities in China provide full or partial university scholarships, but the stand of living allowance is usually less than the government scholarship.
Why University Scholarship:
- Easier Application Process: Usually the process for applying university scholarship is much more easier than government scholarship.
- Faster Result Announcement: When you apply for a university scholarship, you can get the result in a faster time compared with a government scholarship, because the university can select candidates and make decisions by themselves.
- More Choices: China has more than 1,000 universities, only about 300 of them are available for government scholarship; a lot of universities that are not available for government scholarships provide university scholarships.
List of 20 Great University Scholarships in China:
- China University of Petroleum (Beijing) Scholarship (Covers tuition fee, accommodation fee and provide a living allowance for all degree students.) – Apply Now >>
- University of Science and Technology Beijing Scholarship (Covers tuition fee, accommodation fee and provide a living allowance for master and doctoral degree students.)
- Jiangnan University Scholarship (Covers tuition fee and accommodation fee.)
- Changchun University of Science and Technology Scholarship (Covers 1.5 year tuition fee for MBA program.)
- Zhejiang A & F University Scholarship (Great scholarship top learn Chinese language program in the most beautiful city – Hangzhou.)
- Chongqing Medical University Scholarship (Great scholarship for MBBS program.)
- Zhengzhou University Scholarship (Study in a top university in China with scholarship.)
- Northwestern Polytechnical University Scholarship (Study in a top university in China with scholarship.)
- Qingdao University Scholarship (Study in a beautiful coastal city in China with scholarship.)
- Beijing Film Academy Scholarship (Learn film shooting in the top film university in China and enjoy a scholarship.)
- 11. Changchun University of Technology Scholarship
- China Pharmaceutical University Scholarship
- Dongbei University of Finance and Economics Scholarship
- East China University of Science and Technology Scholarship
- Guangdong University of Foreign Studies Scholarship 16. Harbin Institute of Technology Scholarship
- Jiangsu University Scholarship
- Nanchang University Scholarship
- Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics Scholarship
- Ningbo University Scholarship
4. Enterprise Scholarship
Some companies in China cooperate with universities and provide Enterprise Scholarships. Most Enterprise Scholarships aim to encourage and reward excellent students and also increase the influence of the company at the same time.
List of Some Knowm Enterprise Scholarships in China:
- 1. Zhejiang University – Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (Master¡¯s Degree) provided by Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI).
- 2. Xi an Jiaotong-Liverpool University – HIGHER EDUCATION TOWN SCHOLARSHIP Program provided by Suzhou Higher Education Town.
- 3. Fudan University – China Development Bank Scholarship for Bachelor Degree.
- 4. Shandong University – CDB Outstanding Student Scholarship for Bachelor Degree.
- 5. Harbin Institute of Technology – Qingrui Scholarship for Bachelor Degree.
- 6. Jiangsu University – A&W Scholarship¡ªFinancial Support for Bachelor Degree.
- 7. Hunan University – Farad Scholarship.
- 8. Leshan Normal University – Leshan Enterprise’ Scholarship for Foreign Student.
- 9. Beijing Forestry University – APFNet Scholarship Program for Master Degree.
- 10. Peking University – CDB Outstanding Student Scholarship for Bachelor Degree.
5. Scholarship for Enrolled Students
If you didn’t get above scholarships, don’t worry, after you entered China and started your course, you can still apply for Similar to the document list of a university scholarship in most Chinese universities. Most scholarships for enrolled students are partial scholarships to award excellent students.
List of Some Enrolled Students Scholarships:
- 1. Peking University – Peking University Scholarship
- 2. Fudan University – Scholarship for Current Students
- 3. China University of Petroleum (UPC) – Current Student Scholarships
- 4. Beihang University – Distinguished Foreign Students Scholarship
- 5. Chang’an University – San Qin International Student Scholarship
How to Apply to Study in China for International Students in 2020
How to apply to Study in China for International Students are quite different depending on the type of scholarship you want. See how to apply here
Requirements to Study in China for International Students in 2020
- Scanned Copy of the Passport;
- Application Form for Local Government Scholarship;
- Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic Transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants.
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants for the postgraduate program need to submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors. Some local government scholarships also require applicants for the undergraduate program to submit two recommendation letters signed by high school teachers.
- Non-criminal Record Certificate- A non-criminal recorder from the local police station to show that you never committed any crimes in the recent 6 months by the time you submit the application.
- Applicants Under the Age of 18 Must Submit Relevant Documents About Their Statutory Guardians in China.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy)
- Family Financial Certificate. For example, a bank statement shows your family’s financial ability.
- Transfer Certificate. If you were studying in another university in China before you apply the new one, you will need to provide a leaving certificate, attendance rate certificate, and transfer certificate.
- Pre-graduation Certificate. Only for students who haven’t graduated yet.
- Certificate of Good Conduct. The certificate that shows your behavior and conduct was good in your previous school.
- Language Proficiency Certificate. Usually, you need to provide language certificates like HSK 4, IELTS, and TOEFL. For example, for the bachelor degree program taught in Chinese, you usually need to provide HSK 4, and for English medium bachelor degree programs, you need to have IELTS 5.5 or above result.
- Passport Photo.
- CV–A resume that shows your work experience and educational background.