Are seeking to join The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) recruitment? Read this article to know all that is needed for a successful application. The NAF Application is conducted yearly and the portal for recruitment is www.careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng. Applicants should note that the application is free.
NAF has been hoped for in the country to date. We’ve received numerous requests from aspirants on various platforms yearning for legit information about the 2021 NAF recruitment application form.
1 GENERAL instruction FOR NIGERIAN AIR FORCE RECRUITMENT 2021
2 Nigerian Air Force recruitment 2021 Screening
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR NIGERIAN AIR FORCE RECRUITMENT 20211. Nationality: Applicant must be a Nigerian citizen by birth.
2. Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 18and 25 years for tradesmen/women. Those applying as assistant chaplains/assistant imams and drivers must be between the ages of 18and 28 years.
3. Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
4. Height: Minimum height is 1.66meters or 5.4ft for males and 1.63 meters or 5.3ft for females.
5. Medical Fitness: All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
6. Attestation Forms: Applicant’s attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air Force. Also a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, Magistrates, and Principals of Government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of driver’s license, international passport, national identity card, or voters identity card must be attached. In addition, applicants are to bring with them Local Government Indigene Certificate to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and a final selection interview.
7. Presentation of original credentials: Applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny, at the zonal and final selection exercises. The credentials include the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 6.
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 4 years to this exercise will not be acceptable)
- Photocopy of Educational/Trade Certificates
- Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s State of Origin
- Attestation of Parent/Guardian Consent Form
- Attestation of Local Government Area Form
- Acknowledgment Card
- Writing Materials (for aptitude test)
Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the selection exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any inquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that online registration is free of charge. Applicants are required to fill invalid email addresses and Telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the application form.
8. On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the under listed documents:
- Acknowledgment Card
- Attestation Form
- Local Government Indigeneship Form.
Nigerian Airforce Careers
- Regular Combatant (RC)
- Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)
- Basic Military Training Course (BMTC)
The Regular Combatant Commission is a 5-year intensive military training at the Nigerian Defence Academy.
This type of commission is opened to young Nigerians within 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy.
The training involves 4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training, which will lead to the award of a Bachelor Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA),
Midship Man in the Nigerian Navy (NN) and Flying Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). Until 2011, this course used to be exclusively for males. The first set of females commenced training in September 2011.
DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a type of commission in the NAF which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel.
The Course provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields.
The training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
Nigeria Airforce Recruitment Academic/Professional Requirements.
1. Non-Tradesmen/women: Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB. In addition, applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
a.Applicants must possess ND (with a minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate.
b. Candidates with only Trade Test Certificate (including Drivers) are required to also have a minimum of 2 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including the English Language.
Note: that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply. Applicants with medical qualifications should possess evidence of registration with relevant professionals bodies and current practicing licence.
3. Requirements: Applicants are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the Form:
a. Medical Records: ND Medical Records.
c.Lab Technician:ND Medical Lab Science.
d.X-Ray Technicians:ND X-ray Technology.
e.Dental Technician: ND Dental Technology/ Dental Therapy.
f.Pharmacy Technician: ND Pharmacy Technology.
g.Environmental Health Technician: ND Environmental Health Technology.
h.Biomed Technician: ND Biomed Technology.
i.Optometry Technician: ND Optometry Technology.
j. Physiotherapy: ND Physiotherapy.
k. Medical Supply: ND Medical Supply.
l.Dieticians/Nutrition: ND Dietetics/Nutrition.
m.Assistant Chaplain:Diploma in Theology.
n.Assistant Imam:ND Arabic/Islamic Studies.
o. Engineering Technicians: ND Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Electronics Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Air Engineering Technology.
p. Works: Trade Test Cert in Welding/Carpentry/Painting/Sign Writing/Plumbing/Mason/Domestic Electrician/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning/Tailors.
q. Domestic Electricians: ND Electrical Electronics, ND/Trade Test Certificate 1,2,3 Domestic Electrician, Works.
r. Building Technology:ND Building Technology/Quantity Surveyor/ Land Surveying/ Civil Engineering.
s. Statistics:ND Stats.
t. Meteorologist:WMO Class III Meteorology Assistant Certificate, Certificate in ATCA/Base Operator and Fire.
u. Public Relations/Info:ND Mass Communication/Journalism/Broadcasting/Trade Test Certificate in Videography/Photography.
v. Secretarial Assistants: ND Office Technology Management.
w. Library Assistants:ND/NCE Library Science.
x. Music:ND Music. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
y. Driver/Mechanic:Trade Test and current driver’s license with practical experience.
z. Computer/Space Tech:ND/Computer Hardware Engr/Tech, Software Engr/Tech, Satellite Image Interpreter/GIS Tech, SatCom Hub Installation Tech, Fiber Optic Tech, Network Tech, Cyber Security Tech, Web Designer/Master and Software Developer. Possession of recognized certifications will be an advantage.
aa. Sports: Certificate of participation/Medals in National and International sporting competitions and in addition ND/NCE Physical Education can be an added advantage.
ab. Catering: ND Catering Services/Catering Certificate.
ac. Education:NCE Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, Home Economics, Nigerian Languages, French, Business Management, Fine Art, Basic Science/Integrated Science, Computer Science, Music, Technical Education/Basic Technology, Christian Religious Knowledge, Islamic Religious Knowledge.
ad. Administration/Logistics: ND Business Studies/Business Administration and Management/Purchasing and Supply/Financial Studies/Economics.
ae. Legal Clerks: ND/Diploma in Law.
Nigerian Air Force recruitment 2021 Screening
Before you can move further with Nigerian Air Force recruitment 2018/2019, kindly note that a Qualifying Recruitment Tests will hold in the following Centers:
1. Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Markudi.
2. Ilorin: 303 MAG, Nigerian Air Force Ilorin.
3. Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
4. Enugu: 113, Helicopter Combat Training Group Nigerian Air Force Enugu.
5. Port Harcourt: 115 Special Operations Group NAF Port Harcourt.
6. Benin: 107 Air Maritime Group, NAF Benin.
7. Kaduna: NAF Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
8. Kano: 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
9. Maiduguri: 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force Maiduguri.
10. Ipetu-Ijesha: Nigerian Air Force Institute of Safety, Ipetu-Ijesha.
11. Sokoto: 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
12. Yola: 103 Strike Group, NAF, Yola.
13. Jos: 451 NAF Station, Jos.
14. Bauchi: Nigerian Air Force Base Bauchi.
Nigerian Air Force recruitment 2021 Screening Venues
This is to inform all applicants that the Zonal Screening for the NAF 2021 Recruitment Exercise will commence at the following centers:
a. Nigerian Air Force Base, Makurdi.
b. 303 MAG NAF, Ilorin.
c. Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
d. 155 Nigerian Air Force Base, Enugu.
e. 115 Special Operations Group, NAF, Port-Harcourt.
f. 107 Air Maritime Group, NAF Benin.
g. NAF Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
h. 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
i. 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri.
j. 209 Quick Response Group, Ipetu-Ijesha.
k. 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
l. 103 Strike Group, NAF, Yola.
m .451 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
n. 251 Nigerian Air Force Base, Bauchi.
If you received SMS after your online Nigerian Air Force recruitment 2018 form submission, kindly report with the original of your credentials to the centers for screening.
For more details on NAF recruitment visit their official webpage at careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng, if you have any questions on this, kindly use the comment box below. Don’t forget to share this info with others.
Note:NAF is not yet, Zonahub will keep you updated when the recruitment get started
Leave a Reply