About Mastercard Scholarship 2021
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship gives talented students across Africa the opportunity to pursue their academic dreams. This crop of students is drawn from the indigent in the society, who are highly gifted, but whose dreams may be hampered by lack of the necessary wherewithal to see through their goals and aspirations.
The Mastercard Foundation realizes that education can serve as a tool for socio-economic change, a tool for transforming Africa’s teeming youths into leaders who will bring about the transformation the continent needs, and locally contribute to the development of their communities.
The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to provide 338 scholarships over 10 years to academically talented yet economically disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa for study at UCT.
Full List of Mastercard Foundation Scholarships
The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship program has partnered with Universities and Institutions. To provide Undergraduate scholarships to African students.
- African Leadership Academy – An Institution that seeks to transform the present crop of youths into leaders that will impact the continent in all ramifications.
- The American University of Beirut – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program partners with this Institution’s Faculty of Health Sciences to transform young people into change agents in their various communities and countries.
- Ashesi University College – With this program, the Mastercard Foundation program seeks to lift young Africans from disadvantaged communities into leaders with the right mindsets.
- Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science And Technology (KNUST) – Advancing technology in Africa.
- Science Po – Situated in Paris, France, it ranks high in science and humanities research.
- The University of Abomey-Calavi – The oldest and largest public University in Benin. It has turned out elite scholars of Beninese origin.
- The University of Cape Town – It uses the Mastercard Scholarship program to churn out leaders who provide innovations in all spheres.
- The University of Edinburgh. Its vision is to ensure knowledge is created, disseminated, and properly administered.
- University of Gondar
- University of Pretoria
- Wellesley College
- Masters Studies
- African Institute For Mathematical Sciences (AIMS)
- The American University of Beirut.
- Arizona State University.
- The Carnegie Mellon University of Africa.
- McGill University.
- Sciences Po.
- The University of British Columbia.
- Also, there is the University of Cape Town.
- The University of Edinburgh.
- Also, there is the University of Gondar.
- The University of Pretoria.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Application portal is currently closed. Please Bookmark this page to stay updated.
In order to be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program applicants must be:
For individuals applying for the undergraduate (bachelor’s) degree, they must be 29 years old or under at the period of their application.
For individuals applying for the graduate (Master’s) degree, they must be 35 years old or under at the period of their application.
Again, each Institution has its own eligibility criteria. You are advised to look up the Institution at which you wish to apply and check out their own criteria.
While there is no limit to the number of institutions one can apply to, the application process itself can be tasking.
Some Institutions may request a reference letter. A community leader, teacher, Religious leader you know can help in this regard.
How to Apply for MasterCard Foundation Scholarships 2021
To apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, applicants must first apply to UCT for academic study and placement.
Only applicants, who have applied for academic study and placement at UCT, can submit an application for a Mastercard Foundation scholarship.
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: 31st August 2021