Are you seeking for government Jobs in South Africa? Read this article to know a list of government jobs that are hiring near you and how you can apply. The government usually inform the public about the vacancy via newspaper and their websites.
Government Recruitment Centre
You can register to apply for a job at the following government institutions:
- Department of Labour
- Department of Higher Education and Training
- Office of the Public Service Commission
- Department of Public Service Administration
- National School of Government
- Centre for Public Service Innovation
Tips for getting a Government job
For every job available, you will always have to compete with other job-seekers. Government has information that will help you to find a job, write a CV, prepare you for the interview and starting the job.
How To Apply
- Applications on form Z83 with full particulars of the applicants’ training, qualifications, competencies, knowledge and experience (on a separate sheet if necessary or a CV) must be forwarded to the department in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s).
- Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications.
- Applicants requiring additional information regarding an advertised post must direct their enquiries to the department where the vacancy exists. The Department of Public Service and Administration must not be approached for such information.
- It must be ensured that applications reach the relevant advertising departments on or before the applicable closing dates.
List of Government Jobs on the websites of National government Departments
Visit the website of any of the government department you wish to get a job to check if there is vacancy.
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Arts and Culture
- Basic Education
- Civilian Secretariat for Police
- Commission on Gender Equality(link is external)
- Cooperative Governance
- Correctional Services
- Defence(link is external)
- Economic Development
- Employment and Labour
- Environmental Affairs
- Government Communication and Information System
- Higher Education and Training
- Home Affairs
- Human Settlements
- Independent Police Investigative Directorate
- International Relations and Cooperation
- Justice and Constitutional Development
- Military Veterans
- Mineral Resources
- National School of Government
- National Treasury
- Office of the Chief Justice(link is external)
- Parliament of South Africa
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Enterprises
- Public Service and Administration
- Public Service Commission
- Public Works
- Rural Development and Land Reform
- Statistics SA
- Sport and Recreation
- Social Development
- Small Business Development
- SA Revenue Service
- SA Police Service
- Telecommunications and Postal Services
- The Presidency
- Trade and Industry(link is external)
- Traditional Affairs
- Water Affairs
Visit dpsa.gov.za for advertisements for vacant posts and jobs in Public Service departments.
Many departments also have learnerships and internships which are advertised on the same pages as the vacancies.
Career Development Services
The Department of Higher Education and Training currently runs a Career Development Services Centre to assist learners with career advice.
SMS or “Please Call Me”: 072 204 5056
Telephone: 086 999 0123
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail)
Facebook: www.facebook.com/careerhelp(link is external)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rsacareerhelp(link is external)
Website: www.careerhelp.org.za(link is external)
National Career Advice Portal: http://ncap.careerhelp.org.za(link is external)
Walk-in Centre: 123 Francis Baard Street, Pretoria
- French Army Recruitment For Foreigners
- How To Join The US Army Recruitment for Foreigners
- South African Police Service Recruitment
- South African National Defence Force Recruitment