In this post, we will discuss the processes on how to apply, the requirements, and Guidelines for the Ghana Police Service recruitment 2021. So read this article to the end for more details.
Without further ado, let’s head to it right away.
Ghana Police Recruitment Requirement 2021
According to the police, all applicants must meet the following criteria before he or she can be eligible for the Ghana Police Service Recruitments
- Applicants must be Ghanaian by birth,
- must be Ghanaian not less than 18 years and not more than 25 years of age by April 1, 2020,
- Height [173cm or 5.8ft for males and 165cm or 5.4ft for females]
- Educational qualification as may be prescribed by the Appointment and Promotion Advisory Board of the Ghana Police Service
- Applicant must have clean records from Criminalities
- Must be medically fit by Police standard
- must be of good character
- be able to speak and write in fluent English Language
- be knowledgeable in basic computer application
- have an active e-mail account and mobile phone number
- be ready to undergo basic Police training and other forms of training
Ghana Police Service Recruitment Academic qualification
All applications must possess a minimum academic qualification of Six  credits [A1 – C6] at WASSCE, including English language and Mathematics.
Steps for Ghana Police Service Recruitment Application: How To Apply
Step One (1)
Ghana Police Recruitment Purchase of Voucher.
Purchase a Voucher from any Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) branch for Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢ 100.00).
- Provide official names, date of birth, active email address, and mobile phone number to the bank as part of the purchase.
- The applicant shall maintain the same details throughout the application process and training. The purchased Voucher is not transferable;
Step Two (2)
Ghana Police Recruitment Online Application Portal
Having purchased a Voucher, the Applicant should log on to the online recruitment portal at https://police.gov.gh.services with these recommended browsers; (1) Mozilla Firefox (2) Google Chrome or (3) Internet Explorer
Step Three (3)
Ghana Police Recruitment Online Application Details
A page will open, which will require the Applicant to CONFIRM VOUCHER or SIGN IN. Click on CONFIRM VOUCHER, a new page will open, which will require you to answer a few questions leading to the creation of an account.
This is how to create an account:
i. enter the email address used in purchasing the Voucher;
ii. pick or choose any password which will be known to you alone and which you can remember;
iii. confirm the password; and
iv. verify the Voucher purchased by entering the Serial Number and PIN.
Step Four (4)
Ghana Police Recruitment Confirming Pin and Serial Number
Enter serial and pin and CONFIRM.
Step Five (5)
Ghana Police Recruitment Creating of Profile
Create a profile. To create a profile, enter your personal details such as your name, date of birth, age, height, nationality, etc
Step Six (6)
Ghana Police Recruitment Choosing Your Category
Choose a category of your choice.
Step Seven (7)
Ghana Police Recruitment Upload Your Educational Background
Enter your educational background details
Step Eight (8)
Ghana Police Recruitment Upload Your Passport.
Upload a passport picture of yourself.
Step Nine (9)
Ghana Police Recruitment Reviewing Your Data
Applicant should ensure that all information submitted is accurate. Review your information on the summary page by reading through the summary page carefully. Click on the EDIT button if there are any changes to be made.
You may also SAVE your entries by clicking on the Next button. If you want to return to the page later to edit or continue with the entries, click on the LOG OUT button, or submit your application.
Step Ten (10)
Ghana Police Recruitment Submitting Your Application
Submit your application by clicking on the GENERATE YOUR DECISION button to complete the first stage of the application process.
Once the GENERATE YOUR DECISION button is clicked, you cannot make any changes to the Application Form.
The decision on the Application will show on the screen either as QUALIFIED for an Applicant who has qualified for the next stage of the application process or NOT QUALIFIED for an Applicant who has been disqualified.
The reasons for disqualification will be displayed on the page. Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it at the next stage of physical screening.
An instant message will be sent to you by e-mail and text message, which reveals a tracking number for qualified Applicants.
Note: If you are not qualified, you may purchase a new voucher and try a new category.
Stages of the Ghana Police Service recruitment process
1. After online application, applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. At recruitment centres there should be
a. Body examination and selection
b. Examination and inspection of academic and personal documents
3. Successful candidates in  above shall be made to write the aptitude test
4. Candidates who pass the aptitude test will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Then there shall be a medical examination for successful applicants.
6. The final stage of the process is an invitation to commence training.
Things to note
1. Forms are not being sold for this recruitment exercise
2. Filling in of recruitment form is done online only.
3. The Police Service has not contracted any middlemen to recruit on its behalf.
4. Read guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form
5. Do not submit more than one application; you will be disqualified if you do so
6. All academic certificates will be vetted at WAEC, and any applicant who is found to have presented forged document will be prosecuted
7. All correspondence with applications will be done through their e-mails only
8. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
Ghana Police Recruitment Form
The Ghana Police Recruitment forms are downloadable and it requires the applicant to fill in the blanks with truthful and factual information and for reasons of honesty. Ideally, the Ghana Police Service Forms will ask who the candidate is, his address, why he/she is interested in the job, and what qualifications he has.
After crossing the Ghanaian police service, the recruiter can easily tell who is fit to work and who is not. Completing these forms then requires reading the understanding of the instruction.
It is important to note
- Forms are not being sold for this recruitment exercise
- Filling in of recruitment form is done online only.
- The Police Service has not contracted any middlemen to recruit on its behalf.
- Read guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form
- Do not submit more than one application; you will be disqualified if you do so
- All academic certificates will be vetted at WAEC, and any applicant who is found to have presented forged document will be prosecuted
- All correspondence with applications will be done through their e-mails only
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
Ghana Police Recruitment Deadline
The application for the Ghana Police Recruitment 2020-2021 has commenced yet. In this regard, We advise you to visit this page frequently for more updates anytime the Ghana Police Service Recruitment opportunity is on.