This Short Term Assignment is designed to give candidates real life, on-the-job exposure in our core pillars of business. You will have rare opportunity to work on interesting projects and live case studies, build valuable networks across the Bank and most importantly, embark on a fantastic learning journey that will help shape your future career!
South African citizen
Maximum of 2 years full-time work experience
Final year of your University Degree, BSc or Bcom Honours
An average mark of 65% or above for the duration of your studies
- Candidates who are highly motivated, with a commercial focus, curiosity, passion for problem solving and drive to innovate.
- You should be able to think on your feet, enjoy being challenged and demonstrate good attention to detail. Teamwork is key, and we look for candidates that bring a degree of humility, collaboration and willingness to roll up your sleeves.
The CIB Short Term Assignment will run for a period of 4 weeks, from 22 June to 18 July 2020, hosted in our Rosebank offices (30 Baker Street, Johannesburg). Accommodation will be provided for all candidates at our Global Leadership Centre for the duration of the Programme, including a monetary stipend to cover living expenditure.
We have two opportunities in Corporate Investment Banking (CIB):
Corporate Investment Banking: Product Line
- Applied Sciences
- Finance and Investment Management
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Computer Science
Corporate Investment Banking: Risk Management
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Actuarial Science
- Financial Mathematics
- Financial Risk Management
- Hybrid Economics and Applied Mathematics
- Data Science
- Advanced Analytics
- Or any other STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) related degree
Citizenship: South African
Applications dates: 1 April – 15 June 2020
For any further information please contact Venessa Oger | Venessa.Oger@standardbank.co.za
Select the short term assignment
Review all the information provided about our short term assignments in Corporate Investment Banking Graduate.
Confirm that your qualification is in line with the requirements for the specific programme.
Check that you meet the minimum qualifying criteria
Research Corporate Investment Banking by accessing our Standard Bank CIB website: https://corporateandinvestment.standardbank.com/
Select your preferred short term assignment.
You are ready to start your application process.
You need only apply once by clicking the link below.
Create an account and complete your application.
Upload your CV, transcripts and identity document
Select your assignments preference.
If you pass our first screening we will invite you to interview with our business. The interview will be arranged at one of our regional offices, or via webinar.
We may ask you back for a further interview or psychometric assessments.