You should start with the fact that water is water. Funny? Do you know that, for example, coffee, tea, juices, fruit drinks, and other beverages are food? It sounds a little strange, but it is true. Based on this, we can say that water has such properties that no other drink on the planet has.
Below are the reasons you should drink more regularly:
1. You will become more creative and think better
A study in the Human Neuroscience Journal shows that if you drink only water for 30 days, your brain will respond to external stimuli faster, you will become smarter and faster. Why? To work effectively, it needs a lot of oxygen, and water in this sense is the ideal “supplier”. Scientists even name specific figures – 8-10 glasses of water a day will improve cognitive (cognitive) function by 30%!. In summary, the brain consists of more than 70% water. Therefore, drinking clean water helps the brain work properly, and lack of it disrupts it.
2. You will age more slowly
The more water you drink, the better your skin looks. Water makes the skin healthy, soft, shiny, “young” and prevents the appearance of wrinkles — that is, all the same as expensive skincare products. And if there is no difference, why pay more?:).
3. Your immune system will become stronger
A Slovak proverb says: “Clean water is the first and best medicine in the world.” And this is quite true because water starts the theme update processes. For example, taking water within reasonable limits optimizes the work of the liver and kidneys, and those, in turn, actively purify the body of toxins and remove salts from the blood.
In the case of kidneys, water intake also has a preventive effect on the formation of stones. At the level of the entire body, water intake helps to strengthen the immune system and make it easier to tolerate pain (for example, a headache). Headache is a sign of dehydration. So, if you have a headache, drink water, and to prevent the occurrence of headaches, drink water.
4. Your heart will become stronger
Water prevents blood clots and lowers blood pressure. Drink a glass of water an hour before bedtime-and seriously reduce your risk of heart attack! After all, it will be much easier for the heart to pump fresh, oxygen-rich blood to the organs.
Published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, a study shows that people who drink more than five glasses of water a day are 41% less likely to die of a heart attack.
5. You will strengthen your bones
Studies prove the relationship between the level of hydration of the body and the state of the musculoskeletal system. Water strengthens the cartilage so that the joints begin to move better (prevents diseases that restrict movement), and you will become banal easier to live.
6. You will get rid of fat
Regular intake of water for 30 days will give your body the opportunity to deal with toxins and slags. As a result, your body will become cleaner, and fat will be removed from your belly. Water also reduces appetite and hunger, so that over time your portions will naturally decrease, and the impact of excess weight will be inflicted on this side as well. Doctors recommend drinking 1-2 glasses of water before meals to train yourself to eat less.
7. You will boost your metabolism
According to Health Fitness Revolution, taking just 450 g of water in the morning immediately after waking up increases the activity of human metabolism by 24%.
8. Your digestive tract will be healthy
Water helps to remove toxins from the body that can poison internal organs. In the morning, it is recommended to drink a glass of water for the correct “start” of the gastrointestinal system.
9. It helps improve your mood
Lack of water in the body can depress the psychological state and push a person to depression.
10. It Improves your skin condition
Regular consumption of clean water will prevent the appearance of dry skin and help maintain its youth and elasticity.
11. Helps you to cope with stress
The body in a state of dehydration intensively produces cortisol the stress hormone, which is bad for your overall health.
12. Helps maintains an optimal pH level
In order to maintain an optimal acid-base balance in the body, a healthy person needs to eat properly and drink clean, high-quality water with a normal neutral or slightly alkaline pH level.
13. Helps regulate your body temperature
If we are engaged in physical work in the heat, then there is increased sweating and as a result, the body loses moisture. There is a thirst — so the body signals that it is time to replenish supplies and cool down.
14. It will help you prevent the occurrence of cancer diseases
People who consume water in the necessary amounts for the body are 45% less likely to develop cancer of the digestive system than people who do not drink water or drink little of it. Along with drinking water, the risk of bladder and breast cancer also decreases.
15. Water lowers your blood pressure
When for any reason, whether it’s sports, illness, or insufficient fluid intake, our body if it doesn’t get enough water, it tries to compensate for this lack by compressing its blood vessels, which in turn leads to an increase in blood pressure. It should be remembered that the increase in pressure, in this case, refers directly to a lack of water in the body and is not associated with other diseases, due to which it is better to consult with a specialist.
Reasons to Drink More Water
- You will become more creative and think better
- You will age more slowly
- Your immune system will become stronger
- Your heart will become stronger
- You will strengthen your bones
- You will get rid of fat
- You will boost your metabolism
- Your digestive tract will be healthy
- It helps improve your mood
- It Improves your skin condition
- Helps you to cope with stress
- Helps maintains an optimal pH level
- Helps regulate your body temperature
- It will help you prevent the occurrence of cancer diseases
- Water lowers your blood pressure
How to drink water correctly?
- If your body is not used to a big one if there is a large amount of water, then do not try to pour it into yourself forcibly. Gradually increase the rate. As a rule, addiction occurs within one to two weeks.
- The body also gets water from vegetables and fruits and other foods and beverages. Keep track of exactly how your account has configured the body. Universal 6-8 glasses may not be your norm.
- It is useful to start your day with a glass of water on an empty stomach. This triggers all the necessary processes in the body and awakens it.
- It is recommended to drink water 20-30 minutes before eating. So, that at the time of eating, there is no liquid left in the stomach.
- As for drinking after a meal, if in the diet there were protein products, drinking water is not recommended for another 3-4 hours. And if plant-based, it is enough to wait 1.5-2 hours.
- Preference is best given to clean water, not any other drinks. It has no calories, no salts, no sugar, no fat. other elements that can harm the body.
- If you are going for a walk, it is better to drink water at home. While walking, it is not recommended to drink, as this will increase the risk of injury the process of sweating and, as a result, the process of dehydration.
- The water should not be cold, but slightly warm, and it is necessary to drink it not in one gulp, but in small SIPS.
- It is important to remember that water does not wash out of the body only harmful substances, but also useful trace elements. Add to your diet more healthy vegetables, fruits, nuts, and other foods rich in vitamins.
- If you drink water before going to bed, you will not be disturbed by insomnia, and also the nervous system will calm down.
- Alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration, so if you intend to drink a Cup of coffee or want to drink wine, first drink a glass of water.
- Cold air also causes dehydration, which means that before you go out in the cold, drink a glass of water.
- People with diarrhea should drink more water than everyone else to prevent dehydration.
- According to many nutritionists, water dulls the feeling of hunger. But to drink water in excessive quantities, so as not to eat, you should not, so as not to cause water intoxication.
- People who are predisposed to the formation of kidney stones should, according to doctors, consume at least 2.5 liters of water per day. This will also help prevent relapses.
How much water should I drink a day
We have already said more than once that water should be consumed as much as possible. But even in this situation, you should definitely trust your own instincts, i.e., drink as much water as your body requires.
The current norms of fluid intake are relative, and also vary depending on how old a person is, whether it is a man or a woman, how he feels, how physically active he is, whether he has any diseases and in what area he lives.
In this regard, consider the following:
- It is recommended to use spring water. In the event that such access is not available and you have to be content with tap water, then it must be boiled, settled, and cleaned using filters available today.
- Children under one-year-old who are breastfed and drink only mother’s milk are advised to give a small amount of water (from 20 to 30 ml) between feedings in the summer.
- For children aged 3 to 5 years, 300 to 400 ml of water per day will be sufficient. But an adult person should consume about 1.5-2 liters of water per day, but after reaching the age of 50, this norm can be slightly reduced in order to reduce the likelihood of edema.
- Men should consume more water than women because they spend about a liter more per day.
How to calculate how much water you should take
And the following will help you correctly calculate your daily intake of vital moisture:
- If your body weight is about 56 kg, your water intake rate will be 2 liters. If your weight is higher, then for every 20 kg add another glass of water
- Each person should drink from 30 to 40 ml of water per 1 kg of body weight
- For every thousand calories, you get with a meal you need to drink a liter of water
We sincerely believe that the facts, tips, and recommendations we provide will encourage you to reconsider your attitude to what you like to drink. Replacing unnecessary and often harmful drinks-food for water, you will do well, first of all, to yourself, and your body will thank you by giving you a healthy life. We will also be happy if you share what you have learned about water with your family and friends.
I wish you good health and long life!